A DG RTD (Open Innovation B1.) initiative: The EU contest for Women Innovators which is open until the 3/11/2016.
It is open to women who:
1. have founded a successful company and brought innovation (products/services) to market
2. benefitted from Research and Innovation funding from the public or private sector
The first prize is worth €100 000, the second prize €50 000, third prize €30 000 and the Rising Innovator €20 000.
A fact sheet in post card format is available here.
More information on the awards can be found on our website www.ec.europa.eu/women-innovators.
See the video portraits of the three winners of 2016:
- First prize winner Susana Sargento, Portugal
- Second prize winner Sirpa Jalkanen, Finland
- Third prize winner Sarah Bourke, Ireland