WP9 will disseminate the MERCES outcomes to the scientific and non-specialized audience for an effective and integrated restoration strategy.
1) raising awareness on restoration activities, promoting an innovative and sustainable multidisciplinary approach;
2) encourage different stakeholder groups to share knowledge and identify the best practices for restoration;
3) create a network with other EU projects on ecosystem restoration;
4) foster capacity building for key marine policy-makers in Europe,
5) engage policy and decision-makers throughout the duration of the project.
WP9 aims at distributing the knowledge generated in WPs1-7 to a series of target groups outside the project’s consortium (excluding industry which is specifically targeted in WP8). The target audiences include i) institutions at EU, national and regional level; ii) relevant actors involved with marine environmental protection and management of natural resources; iii) general public; and iv) scientific community. General and tailored communication and engagement strategies will be developed to reach different layers of the targeted audiences.
Co-leaders: Partner 19, Ecoreach Srl (Silvia Bianchelli) and Partner 21, Studio Associato GAIA snc (Martina Milanese)